Delicious Vegan Ginger Cookies for Christmas
Darling Recipe, vegan, Holiday: Christmas
These cookies use real fresh ginger, giving them a delicious, fresh ginger taste! If you love the taste of ginger, you’ll adore these cookies. It’s another one of our favorite recipes. Aquafaba is used in this recipe as a substitute for eggs and it makes them, very soft and moist.
Makes: 18 Cookies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 13 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
1 cup almond butter
½ cup aquafaba (water from a can of chickpeas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp packed fresh ginger, grated
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
⅛ tsp nutmeg
6 tbsps cane sugar
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment and set aside.
- Drain a can of chickpeas and reserve the liquid that is inside the can, also known as aquafaba. You’ll need between 1 and 2 cans of chickpeas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, aquafaba, fresh ginger and vanilla extract until it’s smooth. Make sure you measure 2 packed tablespoons of the ginger.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and spices.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir it to combine. Don’t be afraid to use your hands!
- Pour the cane sugar into a small, shallow dish.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Dip each cookie into the cane sugar to coat them completely. Line the cookies on the cookie sheet and only allow a maximum of 12 per cookie sheet, as they spread out very nicely.
- Bake the cookies for 13 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving them.