Vegan Raw Brownies Recipe
We know, we know – we had you at “no baking”! Ditch the oven for some lovin’ of these delicious treats! They’re filled with walnuts and dates, making a delectable dessert. Rich, quick, and raw, raw, raw!
Makes: 9 Medium Brownies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
2 cups packed pitted dates, such as Medjool
1 ½ cups walnuts, unsalted
½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, blend the dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract, until the mixture comes together evenly. The walnut pieces should be small and the batter should be slightly sticky.
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Press the brownie batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or saucepot until just melted.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ganache ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache on top of the brownie batter and tip the pan from side to side to spread the ganache evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Sweet on Plants? Download our new ebook: Favorite Desserts made VEGAN!: 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes. Don’t miss the special release offer!