Traditional Vegan Waffles Recipe
Vegan traditional Recipe, Chocolate Chips optional!
This recipe for classic waffles gives you a delicious dessert that is crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. My favourite way to serve vegan waffles is with pure maple syrup. But you could also add nut butter, fresh fruit, fruit compote and other wonderful toppings!
Makes: 4-5 Waffles
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
1 ¼ cups non-dairy milk, unsweetened (e.g. almond milk)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Create the batter by whisking together the milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl. Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes. This will create the vegan version of “buttermilk”.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and stir to combine and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients and whisk to combine. If you’re making the chocolate chip version, add the chocolate chips to the batter and stir.
- Heat up the waffle iron and gently grease it with a small amount of coconut oil. When the iron is heated, pour in the batter. This batter is thick, and you’ll want to add enough to evenly spread it across the waffle iron. Cook the waffles until they are fully baked. The cooking time will depend on your waffle iron so follow the instructions for your particular model. Serve the waffles with your favourite toppings and enjoy hot.
Are you in the mood for something NEW? Want vegan dessert recipes that taste good and are simple to make? Don’t miss the special release offer! Download our NEW ebook: Favorite Desserts made VEGAN!: 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes.