A Warm Winter Dessert: Delicious Vegan No-Sugar Apple Cake with Roasted Almonds
Fool-Proof-Recipe: Easy recipe, works every time!
Your house will smell delicious!!! The scent of cinnamon, roasted almonds, and warm apples makes this dessert a wonderful alternative to sugary recipes. No special occasion needed though! It’s still sweet, but comes with natural sweetness from dates and apples. Incidentally, the recipe is a “success always” recipe: Nothing can go wrong here and it always tastes WOW.
Makes: 8 Pieces
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into thin slices
1 ½ cups + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup soft dates such as Medjool or Deglet Noor
1 cup carbonated water
¾ cup water
½ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup almond slivers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- Peel and core the apples and slice them into thin slices. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the dates, carbonated water, water, and coconut oil into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and use a spoon to mix and combine until smooth.
- Fold the apples into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the almond slivers on top and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Are you in the mood for something new?
Want vegan dessert recipes that taste good and are simple to make?
Download our NEW ebook:
Favorite Desserts made VEGAN! 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes.
Don’t miss the special release offer!