Vegan Brownies – Gooey and Moist
Secret ingredient: Liquid dark chocolate
Liquid dark chocolate is the secret ingredient to making these brownies so gooey and moist. Add extra cocoa powder, because who ever said no to more chocolate?! These cakey, fudgy brownies are an absolute delight.
Makes: 9 Large Brownies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
½ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened (e.g. almond milk)
5 tbsp vegan butter
1 ½ cups dark chocolate
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set is aside for now.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the non-dairy milk to the dry ingredients and whisk to form a batter.
- Using a double boiler, melt the vegan butter. Once the butter is just melted, add the dark chocolate and stir until the chocolate is just melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the batter and whisk it until it is just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake it for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely, then enjoy!
Sweet on Plants? Download our new ebook: Favorite Desserts made VEGAN!: 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes. Don’t miss the special release offer!