Our Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe with Walnuts, Coconut and a Glaze (Favorite Recipe)
Darling Recipe, vegan, simple and fast
Carrot cake is a childhood favorite for us. It makes us think of birthdays and special occasions. This vegan carrot cake recipe is simple and fast that also has some nutritious ingredients including carrots, walnuts, and coconut. All delicious and nutrient dense foods!
Makes: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Bake Time: 45 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
¾ cup vegan butter, melted
½ cup orange juice, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups carrots, shredded
¾ cup walnuts, chopped into small pieces
½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
⅓ cup powdered cane sugar
1 tsp water
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease a 9” round baking pan with vegan butter and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and whisk it until it’s combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted vegan butter, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Add the shredded carrots into the wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it to create the batter.
- Use a spatula to fold in the chopped walnuts and coconut in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake the cake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan until it is cool enough to transfer to a wire rack. Now allow it to cool completely.
- In the meantime, you can whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Spread the glaze on top of the cake. Sprinkle additional coconut shreds on top of the cake before the glaze sets.
Slice and enjoy!
Are you in the mood for something new? Want vegan dessert recipes that taste good and are simple to make?
Download our NEW ebook: Favorite Desserts made VEGAN!: 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes. Don’t miss the special offer.