Low-Fat Baked Vegan Donuts with Cinnamon
Darling Recipe, low-fat
This is another recipe that’s our top favorite! Sink your teeth into these donuts and let the cinnamon transport you back to childhood. But don’t be fooled by the taste – these babies are healthy! Not only do they contain oats and chia seeds, but they’re baked instead of fried.
Makes: 6 Donuts
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 Minutes
Nutrition Info Per Serving
¾ cup oat flour
¼ cup chia seeds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened (e.g. almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Coconut oil, for greasing the pan and brushing the donuts
3 tbsp cane sugar for coating
1 tbsp cinnamon for coating
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- If you need to make your oat flour, grind a ¾ cup of dried large flake oats in your blender until fine.
- Sift your oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the chia seeds, whisk together, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Do not let this mixture sit for too long because you don’t want the chia seeds to expand.
- Grease your donut pan with just a little bit of coconut oil. You don’t need too much.
- Distribute the batter evenly in the donut pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove them and allow them to cool completely.
- When the donuts are completely cooled, whisk together the cane sugar and cinnamon in a small, shallow bowl.
- Brush a small amount of melted coconut oil on all sides of each donut. Dip the donuts in the cinnamon sugar and coat completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Are you in the mood for something new?
Want vegan dessert recipes that taste good and are simple to make?
Download our NEW ebook:
Favorite Desserts made VEGAN! 100 Sweet Seductive Recipes.
Don’t miss the special release offer!